The Jean Bartel Quality of Life Awards were introduced in 1988 to recognize contestants who excel in their commitment to community service. These awards recognize those contestants who shine in their community through their own personal platforms, dedicated to bettering the lives of others.
The winner of the Quality of Life Award will receive a $6,000 scholarship, the first runner-up will receive a $4,000 scholarship, and the second runner-up will receive a $2,000 scholarship — a total of $12,000. The Quality of Life Awards are awarded and funded by The Miss America Foundation, Inc.
The finalists for the 2018 Quality of Life Awards are:
- Miss Alabama – Jessica Procter
- Miss District of Columbia – Briana Kinsey
- Miss Kansas – Krystian Fish
- Miss Minnesota – Brianna Drevlow
- Miss Mississippi – Anne Elizabeth Buys
- Miss North Dakota – Cara Mund
- Miss South Carolina – Suzi Roberts